Inside my mind

2/07/2010

Wii Ha!!!

So the other day a co-worker loaned me the New Super Mario Brothere Wii game. At first, it sat for a week collecting dust. I thought to myself that the game looked too confusing, I wasn't sure what all the hype and fuss was about. Then, last Saturday Wendy encouraged me to try it out with her. As someone who grew up in the 80's and had an original Nintendo, it was fun and full of flashbacks and references. We had just as much fun pointing out all the similarities from the various different mario games. My favorite had to be the moves and references from the lesser known "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island". That game was a treat to find and play about a year ago on my PC through an emulator. As for the new Super Mario Brothers, I can say that after 8 days I defeated Bowser. For some reason it felt good to do that this morning, being a Sunday morning, felt like I was ridding the world of evil, lol. This completes the cycle for me, I realized that I have defeated a Mario game on every Nintendo console I have owned over the last 2 decades. Super Mario Brothers 2 & 3 on the NES, Super Mario Land 2 on the gameboy, and Super Mario World on the SNES. Holy cow I am such a nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home