Inside my mind

3/17/2011

The Taxman Cometh!

I can, I saw, I e-filed. The process wasn't as frustrating or tension building as the first time we filed taxes has a married couple, but the end result wasn't as nice as last year. I knew it would be a lower return this year when part way through 2010 our tax withholding rates for state dropped significantly at work. More money in our pockets at the moment, but it meant we might owe later. Sure enough, the amount we owe overtook our refund. I heard in theory it is better to come out closer to even than it is to get a huge refund, because it means you were giving the right amount, and not letting Uncle Sam hold more of your hard earned money and you have to wait a year to get it all back. That all sounds fine and dandy, but it doesn't make me feel any better. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home