Inside my mind

6/29/2005

Movies, movies, movies

Summertime is always a fun time for movies, some of the best movies of the year come out during this time. Saw Madagascar a few weeks back, very enjoyable film for the whole family, and one I would watch again on video. I must say that Batman Begins is incredible, might not hold the younger viewers attention, and might lack some action for those looking for something outrageous, but I think it was an excellent movie. I have to admit, I want to see Herbie Fully Loaded. Has a young child I remember watching the original Herbie movies and laughing at the antics of the old VW bug. I heard from reviews it might be a little bit of a disappointment, but I still want to see it since I was a fan of the originals. The guilty pleasure movie of the summer for me is the Dukes of Hazzard. I say that because I am unsure at this point if I truly want to see it or not. I loved the original series, and thought the previews looked funny, but I think Warner Brothers might have stepped over the line of what made "Dukes" such a hit: family friendly with a few good values and a great cast, and of course some amazing scenes with the General Lee. I am afraid that what passes for comedy today will be heavily thrown in, and if that happens this movie may only fly for about as long as the General can stay air born on a good jump. On the import side of things I am excited to see that "Initial D" made its jump to the big screen in Japan, my only question is when can I see it here??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home