Inside my mind

2/07/2006

Takahishi's story continues

Chapter one is here
Chapter 2 is here

Chapter 3: Do not adjust your radio

Takahishi followed the SRT-4 around a slight bend that would take them out of sight of the crowd. Every second that passed he seemed to be falling further and further behind, the taillights on the Neon started to look like little red spots in the distance. “Maybe I should give up and call it a night?” he wondered to himself. He realized that since he was now out of view from the crowd, and well behind the Neon, he could very easily turn off on a side street and be halfway home before anyone knew he was gone. Even with this idea in his mind he raced on, fearing that he would never be able to show up to any future gatherings, he might get teased on how badly he was beaten but it was a lot better then being taken out back and chopped up for parts for being a chicken and bailing out in the middle of a race. Then it happened, somewhere during the time he shifted from 3rd to 4th he felt something odd happen. He shrugged it off at first, then he realized what was going on: His radio got switched on! Then, he swore he heard a faint voice, it was very low to begin with, but eventually it got louder and clear. “Takahishi, can you hear me?” the voice on the radio called out. Taka, not knowing what to say to such a voice simply answered “ummm, yeah”. The voice responded back, “Takahishi, I need to make this quick because there is not much time left. My name is Takeo Fukui, I am the CEO of Honda but back when you where made I was working my way up, getting into R&D and even the racing corporation. I know everything about you, and I also know this: Honda’s are built to win, and the secret is in the force known as “vTec”, if you call upon this force you will not lose. “But, but, I am ancient, I was made way before vTec technology”, Taka stated. “Silence!” Takeo shouted, “If you draw upon it, you will win, guaranteed.” And just like that the radio shut off, and Taka was all alone again. Did he really just hear all of that? What is this “force”? How can he tap into it?…….

Up next: Chapter 4: Unleash the power

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home