Inside my mind

9/06/2009

In Memory

The world lost a great man today. There will be no media coverage on CNN, no block party in LA, no sold out memorial in a stadium, but he was just as great. Roger Boddy passed away early this morning after a long term battle with an illness. He walked tall and stood up for his family, loving and defending them as necessary. He always welcomed me into his home, and treated me like one of his own. He raised two young boys during the years of his life that he should have been able to retire and let go of parental responsibilities. Words fail me at the moment, but I can say that while the memories of him will live on, those that knew him will forever feel like a small part of them passed away with him this morning. To those that had the privilege of knowing him, my prayers and condolences go out to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home