Inside my mind

8/25/2009

Beautiful illustration

I read Genesis chapter two this morning and got something new out of it. In this chapter we find out that woman is formed from man to be a helper and companion to man. In the study notes of my bible it is written that Luther made the illustration that God didn't pull a bone from the toe, that would imply that man is above woman. God didn't pull a bone from the head either, that would imply that woman is above man. Instead God pulled a rib from Adam's side, a symbol of equality and balance. I couldn't better sum up the true definition of marriage any other way. Men and women were created for one another, plain and simple, I wish everyone else would sit up and take notice of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home