Inside my mind

8/13/2009

Childhood memories

I recently did something that I never thought I would do. On last Friday I sold off my old Nintendo system, complete with 2 controllers, a working zapper, all the necessary wiring, and about 6 games. I felt a little nostalgic as the time grew closer to hand it over to the new owner who was quite excited to have made the purchase. I was told that I shouldn't go through with it, that I sold off priceless childhood memories for the very low price of $20. I felt bad because it was a Christmas gift from my parents, it was brand new out and I didn't hear or see much about it. I still go back to some of those old games and marvel at how much they kept me entertained, and how much of a challenge some of the games still are. Wendy and I spent much time trying to defeat Mario Brothers 3, but never did. The fact of the matter is that it was collecting dust in a cabinet, and flipping it for cash would be a wise choice. I felt a little saddened by its passing from my hands, but a few things make me smile and move forward. The new owner will get plenty of fun from it, and has a few small kids of their own that they will get to introduce the ancient system to. I have some emulators and roms on both my computer and the Wii, so I still have access to all my old favorite games. If you still want to say "shame on you", I guess I could end this post by saying that I sold my childhood dreams for a tank of gas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home