Inside my mind

9/07/2009

Long walk up that hill

In my hometown we have a very noticeable drop in terrain about halfway through the city. One half of the city is described as being on the mesa, and the other down in the valley. A few main avenues that run east to west go up and down that slope of hill. About every other day or so I will see someone on a geared bicycle making their way up that hill... walking the bike. I think out loud "your bike has gears, find the low ones and start pedaling!" Well, this evening after the wife and I got to the bottom of the hill on our bikes, we discovered her back tire went flat. As we were walking back up I couldn't help but laugh at what I have told others. I wondered how many people drove by tonight wondering why I was too lazy to ride up the hill and instead walked up. I guess pride really does come before the fall, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home