Inside my mind

3/14/2005

Writing

So there is a new SAT out for high school kids, and experts are worried that the teens are going to do worse then ever on the writing section because of chatting and cell phone text messages. Instead of typing out words like "today" or "great", they get shortened down to "2day" and "gr8". I don't know how they will do, but I know that chatting and typing out e-mails helps to keep my limited typing skills going, without those two things it might be weeks before I ever have to type something out. This would be a disadvantage for me at times in the past because one of the requirements of certain jobs I applied for was meeting a certain typing speed and accuracy rating on a typing test of their choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home