Inside my mind

5/30/2005

Take me out to the ballgame

Has I type this I have about 25 minutes to go until I have to start getting ready at home to get ready to start work at my second job. I will be working at the local ballpark as a "parking lot seller", basically I have to stop people as they enter the ballgame and charge them $1 to park their car. While this is pretty standard at a major league game, it seems overkill and downright ridicules for a smei-pro game in an town that is the size of the one I live in. Sure, it is only $1, but the last team we had here didn't charge for parking, and the general admission seat was $1 cheaper. Another problem is that on the teams website and in the printed schedule there is nothing printed about this little extra charge, fans are going to be surprised with it at the gate has they drive in. So right off the bat (no pun intended) you are paying $2 more for a game, and this comes in the face of 2 previous baseball leagues that crashed and burned and left a sour taste in the mouth of people who decided to become loyal fans, only to have the operation go south and the gates to close up within three seasons or less. I am going to go in and do all I can, but to tell you the truth even though the first pitch has not been thrown out there might be some problems all ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home