Inside my mind

5/17/2005

Bits of news

So I realized today that I missed a congrats for someone in the class of 2005: My cousin Matthew. Way to go cuz! God continue to bless you and keep you safe. In other news last night I went to see a musical (Adventures of Lewis and Clark) put on by the school district and the kids of the elementary school I go to. One of the songs that had my attention during their weeks of practice and at the event was a song called "Wayfaring Stranger". It caught my ear because the song sings basically about God and heaven, but I was amazed that it was in a public school performance (since they do everything to keep God out of schools). Then I thought it could just be coincidence or something, or reading too much between the lines, until I searched for the song online and discovered it was an old gospel song. The song lyrics where changed a little bit to fit the musical, but they still kept enough of the orginal feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home