Inside my mind

8/02/2009

Helpful link

My wife and I have gone around the subject of reading. She told me that it is true that men don't read as much as women when it comes to novels and stories. She firmly believes that men tend to stick to the newspaper and car magazines, while women enjoy a good book or bodice ripper. I have been trying hard to debunk this myth by reading more lately. I used to read novels when I was younger, but along the way I just lost interest, but after reading a few in the last few months I find I am once again hungry for a good, solid story. My problem is that I am a picky reader. I enjoy action, some mystery, a little bit of drama, and some humor. Stuff that is too suspenseful, or gory, or too weighed down with details is not my thing. Finding an author I like is a huge plus, it makes finding that next book a lot easier then randomly checking the shelves and reading the descriptions on the back. What if you have read all of an authors works and want more? What if only one of the books an author wrote interest you? What do you turn to next? Try this page, "What Should I Read Next?" Just plug in an author and book, and get instant recommendations. My current recommendation to you is the book "Code to Zero" By Ken Follett. Action, mystery, suspense, and leaves you guessing the whole way. Add to the fact that the story plays out in about 48 hours, and you are left with a book that never stops moving forward until you hit the last page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home