Inside my mind

9/24/2009

Dinosaur?

So today I went to the local library to check out a few books. I don't know why, but walking into our new main branch, or the revamped heritage branch, makes me feel uncomfortable. I guess its the fact that today's libraries have newer technology to them: internet access, self check out terminals, automated book returns, etc. I guess the main heart and soul of the library still remains: books. With the internet and new technologies you can now download and read books on a screen. One would have thought libraries would soon faze out, but they are still alive and well. That should mean a guy like me who isn't always on the cutting edge of technology should feel at home picking out an actual book to take home and read. I wish I could say that is the case, but part of me still feels like I draw stares of "what are you doing here?" from the current batch of patrons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home