Inside my mind

9/23/2009

¿Estás ahí Dios? Soy yo, Manuel

I'll admit that as a Christian, I have yet to live out a great prayer life. Over the last few days I have been trying to grow out of that rut. You could say that there have been some thing on my mind, some troubling, and others eye opening. I can't go out into specifics at this point, but all I can say is that just in the last 2 days the few prayers I have offered up seem to return back with an answer. I actually found myself browsing through my bible the other night, with a notepad out. My church had preached a sermon on how to live a "mega prayer life", but I think it came up slightly short. I am not saying I have all the answers, but I am saying that God brought me in my study back to the Lord's Prayer. So powerful, and it leads you to exactly what should be said. First off, giving thanks to God and realizing He is the ultimate authority. Coming into agreement with God that His will should be done on earth just as it is in heaven. Asking Him for our daily bread, what we need to make it through the day, not extreme or ridiculous requests for possessions or power. Asking for forgiveness for anything we have done, as well as forgiving others. And finally, coming back to the main source and recognizing that God is all powerful and all mighty. So good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home