Inside my mind

12/09/2009

Tableware

First off, thank y'all for the kind words on our Christmas tree. I got to thinking this morning about a debate me and Wendy had before. The topic, of all things, was silverware. Which piece of silverware did we think was superior: the fork or the spoon? Of course there are pros and cons to each of them, all of them I will not list. What crossed my mind was that fact that no matter how good one of them is, it still lacks what the other one has. You couldn't properly enjoy a well made meal if you were stuck with the wrong utensil. Imagine eating soup with only a fork, or spaghetti with a spoon? These two utensils may be good on their own for certain meals, but when they are teamed up they can accomplish so much more together. I think the fork and the spoon are symbolic of a husband and wife. On their own they can each do good things, but teamed up together there is much they can accomplish, they are much more powerful and versatile as a team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home