Inside my mind

5/31/2005

I stand corrected (baseball gripes pt. 2)

I have a correction to make on my post yesterday, they did not charge people $1 to park in a city parking lot. Nope, not at all, instead they charged $2. Some people turned around and decided to go other places, some people where very up front about how it is dumb to pay to park your car (and the lot is not patrolled by security, sure the cops hang around but only near the entrance to the place). Quite a few others said that if they where going to have to pay that much just to get into a ball game, this was the only game they where going to see. General admission is $5, add the $2 to it to park and already you are paying $7, and this league is not even minor league, its below that. Some people started to move some of the cones that where put up and parked without paying, and some people where directed by city police to park in a grassy area free of charge. Over all I still think the whole idea is dumb, and as much as I want to see this new baseball league succeed, I kinda want to see mistakes like this burn them really bad. I was also without a walkie-talkie (which I was promised at the beginning of the game in case I needed help), there was a water station but I was the only person taking the money so a break was way out of the question, and I was not given help until the cars where so far backed up the city cops started to come around and ask who the boss was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home