Inside my mind

8/31/2005

Hurricane Katrina

I wanted to write a little something about what has happened, and the aftermath that has been all over the news, but words fail me. I simply cannot add anything to this event after looking at all the pictures, seeing people wading through water trying to make sense of what has happened to loved ones and their possessions, hearing the numbers of how long it will take to pump the water out and get electricity hooked back up, how long it will take to get back to normal. I guess if you woke up this morning in your bed, consider yourself blessed, some people had to sleep on stadium seats. If you had running water to use today, consider yourself blessed. If your refrigerator was keeping your food cold, consider yourself blessed. Say a prayer for the people that have been affected by this storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home