Inside my mind

9/22/2005

Make it stop, make it stop.

October is fast approaching, and in the back of many people's minds is the fact that some major holidays are coming. I have grown more and more over the years to loathe the months of October, November, and December. Why you ask? Simple, my dad decided several years back to start decorating for Halloween and Christmas. It has gotten so big that it takes a few weeks to get halloween all in place, and then it takes from after halloween until December 1st to pack it away and put out Christmas. I am going out on a limb here because they say that you are never announomous when you publish something online, people can find out things, and several family members and friends of mine read this, so I am probably taking a risk by saying: I hate decorating, and it makes the holidays miserable for me. From the time I was old enough to be of some use I have had to give up weekends and some evenings to help do all of this decorating. And it is always the same thing every year: my dad gets all worked up and stressed out so he takes it out on anyone around him telling them the work they do is never good enough, and he makes it sound like the world will come to an end if he doesn't continue to do this and not try to keep improving it. Don't get me wrong, I like the holidays themselves, and Christmas also took on a more special meaning when I became a Christian: I get to celebrate Jesus' birthday, The man who took all my guilt, shame, sin, and inequaties to the cross for me. I just look forward to the day I can do like so many others in my family and not get involved in it, just enjoy the holidays at my own pace and not be told how worthless I am after busting my butt the whole day through helping to put up wooden decorations and lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home