Inside my mind

9/09/2006

Good news, bad news

As I was reading the local paper today, I came upon an update to a local story. 4 youths were arrested and charged with $13,000 worth of damage to a multi-use room at a junior high school. I remember that room, back when I first started working for the school district I would meet my student out front, we would go in to eat breakfast, then it was across the street to his school (the room is basically a b-ball court/cafeteria and is used by three schools all right next to each other). As I read on there was a name that stuck out to me. I read further, it said this individual was attending the junior high. Not wanting to see if I was correct I pulled out the yearbook I bought from when I worked that area, and sure enough I found them. Hard to believe that just a few short years ago I was working in the same classroom of a student who would be arrested and charged before they even turned 13. Brings a bit of sadness to me, because I remember this student being very active and a joy to be around, but also a little mischievous. I really hope this kid learns a lesson from this, bad habits are much easier to break when you are younger.

On to some happier news (because I need cheering up, lol), Wendy celebrates her b-day today!!!! WOOO HOO!!! :-D Me and some of her close friends have been plotting for about a week getting ready to make sure she has a birthday she will not soon forget. Speaking of which, I better go take care of a few last minute details before it is time to go pick her up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home