Inside my mind

1/24/2009

Open Letter to Barack Obama

Dear Mr. President,
I would like to unceremoniously and begrudgingly thank you for what you did recently. You decided that the first act of your presidency would be to overturn the Mexico City Policy. This now means that taxpayers money can now be put towards funding abortions in places outside of our borders. As if the economy is bad enough, and we are having to pay out tax dollars to somehow fix it, you decide to throw away more money. As for the issue of abortion, I am very much pro-life, and I am glad my mom never thought about terminating me. I heard your mom was a single parent, aren't you glad she didn't terminate you? She could have very easily decided she wasn't ready, or wasn't in a position to care for a child. No, she obviously believed that life has value, all life. I hope she is ashamed that her own son would choose to help make abortions easier and more affordable for women in the same situation that she was once in. The Declaration of Independence states that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Whether or not you believe in God is one thing, but our founding fathers thought that out of everything in life that matters, protecting life was at the top of the priorities. If you forgot this fact maybe you should go back and read it. Personally I like what is said directly after that:
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

According to this statement, the best course of action for change that I can see is to get rid of you as well as all your appointees, because you are obviously going to use your power for destructive purposes.

It is now time for me to draw this letter to a close. It is with an unapologetic heart that I say I will be praying for you to make better decisions than this in your term of office, and I hope the cry of the undead haunts you in your sleep and makes you regret and reverse your position on the issue.

-Manuel P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home