Inside my mind

8/29/2008

The mission is complete

So when I first brought home a very beat up and somewhat rusty beach cruiser frame almost two years ago I set some goals for myself. The first being that I actually build it and finish it, not let it get so far then get lost in the fray and I end up passing it off to someone else. Second, it had to be rideable, something I wouldn't mind hopping on and going for a short ride, had to be comfortable and easy to use. Third, once that was taken care of I needed to find a way to enter it into a show or a parade to let others see the work I put in on it. Well, after some ups and downs, and officially completing the work twice (painting experiment that forced a total re-do), I had checked off numbers one and two from the list. All that remained was number three, and I finally got to cross it off tonight. I took it downtown to a small block party, lots of classic cars, a few motorcycles, and locked to a streetlamp, was "Manana". Last event they had they had a few bikes out in attendance, this time around I was the only pedal powered machine. I got a few looks and smiles, and a bike cop told me he liked the look of it. I rode it around the area a few times before the event started, and shortly before I left, felt good to be on a bike again since the doctor cleared my ankle for more activity.

Maybe my next goal should be to get it into one of the local parades. Hmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home