Inside my mind

2/03/2009

Almost found a diamond in the rough

I try to save money where I can. Take for instance my car. I only bought it because the car I had before it was starting to cost more than what it was worth. I have not, nor do I plan, to customize it beyond what I had done in my first few months of ownership (window tint/dash guard/tow hitch). About a year ago one of the sun visors broke, so I visited the dealership. Turns out, not covered under warranty. The car is now 9 years old, but at times it feels older than that, and I feel like I am searching around for parts like it is a classic vehicle. To replace both of them I am looking at almost $300 for a new set, so I have been keeping my eye open for any 2000 to 2006 sentra that is heading for the junkyard. Since they are not that old yet, if any are destined for the scrape heap they seem to be stripped and sold off before I can ever get near them. I once turned off the road on my way to church because I saw one on a flatbed tow truck, but the sun visors were already gone. While I was out today at work I saw one that obviously had been slammed from behind, but it looked in decent shape. Unfortunately the car was in a locked lot, and there was no number in the window. The body shop across the street has no affiliation to the lot, and told me that whoever owns the lot seems to get ahold of cars like that, and then sells them off to certain people as a whole, no parting out. Grrrrr, I am too cheap to pay the OEM cost, so I guess my inner car guy will continue to keep looking until I truly find that diamond in the rough. Anyone out there got a set of grey or tan visors, preferably non-lighted, mirror or no mirror, for a B15 Sentra? Shoot me a comment and lets discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home