Inside my mind

11/13/2005

I struggle with forward motion

Today at church the Pastor said something that froze me in my seat. He talked about how when you come to first know Jesus, or come to depend on Him during a really rough time, you are always able to point out that time in your life. People ask about your relationship with God, and you tell them how He helped to clean you up back when, but then comes the question of what have you been doing lately? Have you tried to move forward and have a daily dependence on the Lord? Have you taped into the awesome power He has for you? After all, the word promises that the Holy Spirit is there for all of us. I just sat there reflecting on things, from the past few days, weeks, even further back, and struggled with thinking that I am one of those who has chosen to remain stuck at a certain point. I can quickly forget that we where not made to go through this life alone, that God is always there to hear and supply. No man is an island, despite what experts want to say. God made man, he created woman so he wouldn't be alone, then He created the church, a place where people can gather to support and love one another. I realized today more then ever how I have a lot to learn, and what areas of my life I need to stop doing things on my own and turn to God for guidance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home