Inside my mind

8/04/2008

The complete story

All righty. After being asked several times for the whole story about my engagement I have decided to write about the whole experience here. The evening started off around 4:30pm. I showed up to Wendy's place with a basket of goodies. Wendy was expecting to go out somewhere, which might have seemed confusing since I told her to dress casually. I told her that we would be staying in for the meal, I had brought along everything we needed for an indoor picnic to stay out of the heat. After setting out a table cloth, setting up the plates, and even spreading a few fake bugs around I served our meal for the evening: PB & J sandwiches, frog eye salad, and cream soda. What I should mention that was a little funny was that she was dressed in a black shirt and black shorts, almost like she knew she was on her way to doom, lol. Looking back at that she had a good laugh when she realized that starting off the evening in all black was kinda funny given the fact that I asked her to marry me. After the picnic we took off around town with my camera, I had given her a list of 10 things she needed to photograph, along with some basic rules to make it more interesting. She made quick creative work of the photos, and after stopping off at her place to ditch the black shirt for something more colorful and heat friendly, we went down to the park by the river. We walked and talked for a bit, going down one direction until I felt it was time to turn around. Coming back up to a spot we passed I kinda stopped us there because I knew it would be the spot I wanted to ask. I started to tell her that I didn't make her a card (something we try to do for each other on special occasions), but that I did get her a gift (her ring). Before I could give her the gift I told her I needed to tell her a few things. First off, I told her that after the last 4 years together I was seriously convinced that she was the only one for me. I then told her, for the very first time, that I loved her. She started to cry and hugged me. Before either one of us got too emotional I told her that I had a very important question I needed to ask her, I quickly pulled the ring out of my pocket and got down on one knee and asked if she would marry me. She said yes, and made me the happiest I have ever been in my life. Seriously, my cheeks hurt that night from how much I was smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home