Inside my mind

3/08/2009

Small victory

I had a small but satisfying victory today: I put the finishing touches on a shed I had been putting together in the backyard of Wendy's place. It tried to defeat me many times. First there was the fact that I had to get a rain check on it because it was always out of stock when I went. Then came having to make several trips to Lowe's to get all the materials to make the foundation. No sooner than I put all the wood down and secured it, we had a light sprinkle, and I didn't have a tarp big enough to completely cover it (the wood warped ever so slightly, but its livable). Getting through the rest of the building process saw me unable to comprehend small complex diagrams and having to do some steps a second time because I messed up the first time. It drew some blood two weekends in a row (sharp metal edges are NOT your friend). Even today, I had to keep double checking the diagrams and instructions to figure out how to put the last small pieces on. Once the last screw was in place I breathed a huge sigh of relief and I am glad I survived this ordeal. I have to give credit where it is due and thank Wendy for the help, encouragement, and slap upside the head when it was needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home