Inside my mind

8/10/2009

"Hole"ly Moley!

So no sooner than I celebrate the fact that I paid off my car, I run into a problem. Saturday evening as me and Wendy walk out the door to enjoy a walk together, I notice the right rear tire has gone flat. No problem! I mean, our plans to spend time together have shifted, but I have aided in patching flat tires for the past few years, so I know the drill. Only one problem lies in the way, I don't have an air compressor, and the nearest gas station shuts off their air supply when the attendant goes home for the day. My solution: I used an old shopping cart that was left behind our place to walk the tire over to my parents place to inflate it with air. I told Wendy if anyone asks, I would tell them we went shopping at "Mexicanos R Us", where you can find anything!. Long story short, we got it fixed, and Wendy helped me out the whole way. I'm thankful that my wife isn't afraid to get dirty and lend a hand. Oh, and the object that caused the flat? The metal shank of a screwdriver. We almost couldn't believe it, but since it was stuck inside of the tire we had no other choice. I want to mount it on the wall of the shed as a trophy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home